Hello New Blog Friends!

Hey there!

I'm Isabel, and I would like to wish you a big warm welcome to my new blog.


I've got to be honest, I'm not sure there's much point introducing myself, since

A) most of what you need to know is in the blog description, and
B) I'm pretty sure the only people reading this will be my parents and whichever friends I've coerced into doing so.
But I'm gonna do an introduction anyway, to be formal.

I'm 19 years old, and I live in Scotland. I love all things artsy (translation: I'm probably a hipster). In all seriousness though, I do practice visual art in various mediums, including pen, pencil, paint, oil pastel, collage, mixed media, digital art and photography. That makes me sound like a sophisticated professional artist - I'm really not, I'm just indecisive about what art styles I like and I get bored easily by repeating styles for too long.


I'm also a huge animal lover, provided they aren't reptiles. Sorry reptiles, I'm sure you're lovely underneath all those scales but I just can't see past them. But seriously, I would happily be mother to 1000 cats, dogs, goats, sheep, rats, gerbils, tigers, lions, deer, unicorns, and bumble bees. I mean, I'd probably/definitely need a bigger house - but once I had that sorted I think it'd all work out fine.


I'm an aspiring activist and my life goal is basically just to make a positive difference in the world in any and all ways that I can. I've had ME/CFS since 2011 (when I was 13), so I've had very strange and very difficult teenage years due to chronic illness - but I want to use my bad experiences to raise awareness and help people understand more about the struggles of being chronically ill, especially with what is known as an 'invisible illness'. A lot of the bad experiences I'm talking about could have been prevented had there been better public understanding of the reality of ME/CFS/chronic illness/disability in general.


I have a lot of thoughts on chronic illness, amongst many other things, that I want to share with the world. That's where this blog comes in. I hope that this will be a good platform for me to be able to share my thoughts and opinions with whoever is interested and wants to listen. My thoughts can be a little strange sometimes, but you have my 100% guarantee that at least 1% of my blog will make sense to you.


I will always welcome (considerate) feedback on my posts, or comments or questions of any sorts. I want to use this blog to start conversations, not just to write speeches. That said, I won't interact with any mindless hate comments or trolling. Anyway, thank you for reading this first post! I hope you'll come back again for future posts. I hope your day is going wonderfully - or at the very least, tolerably.


I'll try and come up with a cool catchphrase to sign off with another time.


Isabel xo


Comments

Popular Posts