Should You Vote Tory on the 12th December?

As I’m sure any of you who live in the UK are well aware, we have an upcoming general election next month. So, in a shocking turn of events, I’ve decided to address a controversial political issue on my blog! Today I’m going to attempt to help you decide whether or not you should cast your vote in support of the Conservative and Unionist Party (also known as the Tories) on the 12th December 2019. 

I’ll admit, I do have strong feelings on this topic - but, hey, if the BBC is allowed to be biased then I hope you can forgive little old me for caring about issues that directly impact me and the people I care about. I can’t promise there isn't a tiny little bit of sarcasm infused into this post, but I still mean every word. I don’t expect you to just take my claims at face value, either - as always, I will be linking sources for all of my points, and I encourage you to do your own research. 

There are various reasons people vote for the Tories, and many reasons people don’t. I'm sure we're all aware that there's a lot of lying and misinformation in politics - so if you're on the fence about whether or not to support the Tories in this election, I've come up with a handy guide to help you decide whether or not they align with your values. 

You may want to vote for the Tories if you:
  • feel confident that neither you nor anybody you love will ever need the NHS 
That’s right, folks; your support of the Tory party not only actively endangers the wellbeing of others, but it puts you in a bad position too. We're supposed to have a safety net in the welfare system, but the cuts they've made have been devastating - and now they want us to believe they're suddenly about to change the agenda if they win this election. I know a lot of people are frustrated about Brexit and believe in Boris Johnson's ability to end this period of uncertainty, but the Tories have a terrible track record when it comes to keeping promises and they count on their supporters being undiscerning. With every promise they make, they are insulting your intelligence. They keep talking about how they'll finally put an end to austerity, yet their party has been the one causing the situation to get worse

Conversely, a vote against the Tories would:
  • reduce further suffering
  • ensure you and your loved ones still have safety nets (NHS & a functioning welfare system) in the event of personal tragedy
So, I beg of you, please do not cast your vote for the Tories on the 12th of December. Their policies are literally destroying (and ending) lives, and nobody's rights are safe under their rule. There's some debate as to whether or not "tactical voting" is effective, but whether you choose to vote tactically or just vote for your favourite candidate/party, please don't give more power to the Tory party. People's lives literally depend on it

More sources

Tories and the NHS

Comments

Popular Posts